5. To organise and established community based livelihood projects and agri-enterprises among the upland farmers with their families.
4. To establish a demo farm cum training centre and with nursery, training, and other educational farm facilities and the necessary farm inputs, small tools, equipments and machineries.
3. To adopt the fundamentals of natural farming system towards sustainable agro-forestation in parallel with Sloping Agriculture Land Technology to enhance agro-forestation and biodiversity.
2. To conduct continuing education programs among the target beneficiaries, stakeholders and indigenous peoples on value formation, capability building activities, technical training, workshops, fora and local study missions.
1. To reforest, restore and protect the total target 400 hectares uplands of the devastated coconut uplands of Baganga area to be developed within the next 3 years at 134 hectares per year for food and livelihood planting legume crops, shrubs & trees, Philippine fruit trees, coffee, cacao, coconut, vegetables, abaca and Philippine endemic forest trees.
This project is a disaster response intervention to immediately rehabilitate the sources of food and livelihood to 434 households in the impoverished town of Baganga, Davao Oriental, the Philippines who are severely affected by Typhoon Bopha. It also addresses, as a long-term aim, the food security and sovereignty of the primary beneficiaries and to alleviate poverty and mitigate climate change. At the end of the project life, the target communities are capable to rehabilitate, reforest and restore biodiversity and generate livelihood activities in the uplands thru the adoption of natural farming systems and sloping land agro-forest technologies. The target communities then are envisioned to be empowered and conscienticized, proactive, disaster resilient and adaptive. Finally, this project adopts the integrated agro-forestry and livelihood restoration model on 400 hectares of uplands mainly planted with coconuts, diversifying into the production of multiple crops assimilated with rainforestation undertaking.